The Climbing

"It was the most beautiful place under heaven or sky. Mountains and rock, trees, desert, and blue lake - all lay before him in exquisite detail. The air was so clear he felt he could see the end of the earth, the sky so deep blue, it seemed to merge into space. The view was entirely indescribable to those who were unwilling to pay the price, those unwilling to get out and make the steep mountain climb." "What was it, he wondered, that drove him to the summit? What was it that compelled him to climb the steep path, working his way up the dangerous trail? He couldn't answer the question; all he knew was that he felt it necessary to climb, to reach the highest point, to be on top of the world, to measure the distance, to see both sides of the mountain and the granite peaks all around. Being up there helped him, somehow, to understand the way things operated down below, reminding him that there was more to life than the daily grind."

viernes, 17 de octubre de 2008

My Appointment With The "Fat Doctor"/Abercrombie and Fitch Clothes!!



Hola Amigos,

So, I had my first...and last appointment with the infamous "fat doctor!" He has been coming to my mother's clinic for the past couple of months and my mother suggested I see him. To say that he is rude, would be putting it lightly! I am not sure why I even waste my time, sometimes! I know that overweight people can understand my thoughts...All overweight people are told is to lose weight---whether it be in the media, magazines, or among our peers...We all KNOW we need to lose weight, and yes....We realize we are fat! But what can we do when at every turn, a doctor/professional says..."Sorry, I have nothing that can help you?" Or when they offer a suggestion like, "Umm, maybe you should just eat alittle better?" Wow, did you seriously go to school for 12 years to learn that...it's seriously an insult to my intelligence to assume that I NEVER considered eating better! Anyways, I can not wait to have the Gastric Bypass surgery....I have dealt with being over-weight for WAY too long! I hate how people automatically pre-judge people who are over-weight...as being "lazy!" I am tired of working harder, nearly killing myself, to prove that I am not "lazy!" I am just tired of everything having to do with the word FAT! I will beat OBESITY! And, one day....I will have the opportunity to be the "skinny person" in the equation...But rather than judging someone or being rude...I will smile at them and be kind---knowing all the while that I was once in their shoes.....and thank the Lord each and everyday that he blessed me with a way to change!


Wishing I could fit into Abercrobie & Fitch clothes, (Sigh...)
Ash




0 comentarios: