The Climbing

"It was the most beautiful place under heaven or sky. Mountains and rock, trees, desert, and blue lake - all lay before him in exquisite detail. The air was so clear he felt he could see the end of the earth, the sky so deep blue, it seemed to merge into space. The view was entirely indescribable to those who were unwilling to pay the price, those unwilling to get out and make the steep mountain climb." "What was it, he wondered, that drove him to the summit? What was it that compelled him to climb the steep path, working his way up the dangerous trail? He couldn't answer the question; all he knew was that he felt it necessary to climb, to reach the highest point, to be on top of the world, to measure the distance, to see both sides of the mountain and the granite peaks all around. Being up there helped him, somehow, to understand the way things operated down below, reminding him that there was more to life than the daily grind."

viernes, 17 de octubre de 2008

So Comfortable....



Hey Friends-

Is there anything in your life that you miss doing? Something that perhaps you have done so many times, that no matter how long of a break you take from it...you can still pick it up with relative ease? Well today, I decided to take out some of my frustrations----so I picked up an old "softball bat." I can't begin to tell you how comfortable it felt in my hands......I haven't picked up a bat in years---But still, my hands were ever so happy to be reunited with the bat! I remember as a young child, softball was all I really cared about! I lived from game to game....Short-stop and first base became my "home." Even now, years since I have actually played in a softball game, I can still remember the way it felt be part of something I loved---and also the smell of summer and the roar of the crowd! I am so happy I picked up that ole bat today! It brought back so many good memories....and all the lessons I learned as a young softball player that I still carry with me today! Friends, I challenge you to do the same----maybe softball isn't your thing....But whatever "your thing" is....that you haven't done in awhile....DO IT! :)




With Love For The Game,
Ash



0 comentarios: