The Climbing

"It was the most beautiful place under heaven or sky. Mountains and rock, trees, desert, and blue lake - all lay before him in exquisite detail. The air was so clear he felt he could see the end of the earth, the sky so deep blue, it seemed to merge into space. The view was entirely indescribable to those who were unwilling to pay the price, those unwilling to get out and make the steep mountain climb." "What was it, he wondered, that drove him to the summit? What was it that compelled him to climb the steep path, working his way up the dangerous trail? He couldn't answer the question; all he knew was that he felt it necessary to climb, to reach the highest point, to be on top of the world, to measure the distance, to see both sides of the mountain and the granite peaks all around. Being up there helped him, somehow, to understand the way things operated down below, reminding him that there was more to life than the daily grind."

viernes, 17 de octubre de 2008

Called To Serve...in the Tonga Nuku Alofa Mission???

Hey Friends-


So, as most of you know I will be going on a mission the beginning/spring of next year! I am really excited! Last night, I had one of the weirdest dreams, that I was called to serve my mission in Tonga!! I have NEVER pictured myself going ANYWHERE but a Spanish speaking country/mission! But for some odd reason, the dream seemed real.....and it was so peaceful! It just goes to show that you NEVER know where the Lord needs you or anyone else for that matter. I can't tell you the number of my friends who are currently on missions, for which "I" would have assigned them in a completely different place! I think we just need to be willing to serve anywhere...whether the view is that of a "post card" or in some common desitination within the states----We just gotta serve! el fin....(The End--in spanish :)



Just another employee in the Lord's business,
Ash


0 comentarios: