The Climbing

"It was the most beautiful place under heaven or sky. Mountains and rock, trees, desert, and blue lake - all lay before him in exquisite detail. The air was so clear he felt he could see the end of the earth, the sky so deep blue, it seemed to merge into space. The view was entirely indescribable to those who were unwilling to pay the price, those unwilling to get out and make the steep mountain climb." "What was it, he wondered, that drove him to the summit? What was it that compelled him to climb the steep path, working his way up the dangerous trail? He couldn't answer the question; all he knew was that he felt it necessary to climb, to reach the highest point, to be on top of the world, to measure the distance, to see both sides of the mountain and the granite peaks all around. Being up there helped him, somehow, to understand the way things operated down below, reminding him that there was more to life than the daily grind."

miércoles, 22 de octubre de 2008

My Trip to Rexburg---November 13th-19th!!

Hey Friends,

Today was a good day! Why? Well, my sister and I finally booked our plane tickets for our trip to Rexburg, Idaho and we got an AMAZING deal on the tickets, our rental car, and hotel! So we will be in "the burg" for 6 days---which isn't NEARLY enough, but it's the best we could do for now! Emily will be going to school in Rexburg for the summer semester of 09'...so she wants to check out the off-campus housing, classes, financial office, etc...I really don't have anything important I need to do in Rexburg----but I can never turn down a trip up that way!! So, if you are in the area...will be in the area...or even near-by (as we will be flying into Salt Lake City,Utah) I would love to spend some time with you! Maybe go to dinner, or just stop by...and introduce you to my sister! It shall be fun! Let me know if you want to do something! Email me at either Gos05003@byui.edu or AshleyD.Gossett@Gmail.com!


I'm Leaving On A Jet Plane.....Wish I Never Had To Come Back Again,

Ash

0 comentarios: